Two-hundred and ninety applications representing 43 nations have been received from pianists for the Fifteenth Van Cliburn International Piano Competition, taking place May 25–June 10, 2017, in Fort Worth, Texas USA.
Approximately 140 prospective competitors will be chosen to move on to the Screening Auditions, where they will each play a 40-minute recital.
The Screening Auditions schedule will be announced on December 13; they will take place in January and February, and will begin in London. Other Auditions sites include Hanover, Budapest, Moscow, Seoul, New York, and Fort Worth. The Auditions are free and open to the public to attend.
The Screening Jury includes:
• Dmitri Alexeev (Russia)
• Michel Beroff (France)
• Janina Fialkowska (Poland/Canada)
• James Parker (Canada)
• Pamela Mia Paul (United States)
For biographies, please click HERE.
FAST FACTS ABOUT THE APPLICANTS
- 202 men, 88 women
- The age range is 17–29; the youngest pianists will have turned 18 on or before May 25
- 43 nations comprising 6 continents are represented
- The country with the most applicants is the United States (53), followed by China (52), and South Korea (40).